Fondo is a startup within the savings industry. Our app allow anyone old enough to open an investment account to invest in mutual funds at the lowest fees available in Sweden. We are on a mission to make investments available for all people. As such, we are believers in good design, simplicity and technology that allow us to create the most valuable and user-friendly savings platform out there.
About the role:
As a Backend Engineer you will be implementing new functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs and maintaining the health of our code. The ideal candidate has a true passion for tech. Is both forward-thinking and hands-on with a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery. We take pride in the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle.
Our stack is based on micro service APIs in Kubernetes. It's a hybrid architecture both REST and event driven. We primarily use Postgres for storage and leverage cloud services like Google BigQuery and Google PubSub.
You are expected to participate in shaping the technical architecture and deliver highly available, secure, scalable services in a production environment. Working alongside other teams at Fondo, you will help to translate user stories into technical solutions and come up with ideas for new initiatives and technologies.
Who you are:
- You have a couple of years programming experience with transactional systems and APIs
- You have experience working in a cloud environment, with containers and with CI
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and gets stuff done
- Your interest keeps you updated on tech
- Experience in scaling highly available, mission critical systems
- Worked with bank, trading or exchange systems
- Google Cloud experience